Surrender don't come natural to me

Saturday, August 05, 2006

I wear a beenie to bed

I had a mullet for about 24 hours. I can't say that it was something I was particularly fond of, but I am glad I did it. I especially appreciated the cultural moments that it provided... explaining how that particular style of hair is business in the front and a fiesta in the back. I'm not too sure what the Bolivians think of me.

Now I'm back to the hairstyle I had the first 26 years of my life (minus the flattop stage I went through in middle school). It is nice, I guess. I miss shaking my head and getting everyone wet after a shower, and I'll probably end up at some concert here in the next couple weeks where I'd really have appreciated the longer hair.

But the big surprise for me has been how cold my head gets! I had no idea what a great insulator hair is (or maybe I should say was). My head is always cold... even to the point that I sleep with my Denver Bronco's/Denver Mattress beenie.

Sorry I have no pictures. Hope your head stays warm tonight!

3 Comments:

  • At August 07, 2006 10:11 PM, Blogger FFG said…

    Didn't Canada invent the mullet?

     
  • At August 07, 2006 10:40 PM, Blogger FFG said…

    Just read about your new occupation. Wow. Even if it was someone else's idea.

     
  • At August 08, 2006 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You went shoe shining? That's one thing i'll never forget in my ENTIRE life... the street workers.
    Mullet? That's awesome.
    Here in Kansas we have a mullet awareness month. My old high-school really got into it.
    In fact, at Royals games they have a mullet day and if you wear a mullet wig or have one you get in FREE!
    Anyways... just wanted to say hello...
    -Tara-
    (Bolivia '04 trip)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home