Surrender don't come natural to me

Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm thankful for...

We have this band here with us for the next month. They are the Carpenter's Tools , and it has been a new, fun experience. Last night we did a concert at Caruro (I've never tried to spell that word... its Aymaran, and looking at it, it looks funny. I'm talking about the shoe shiner hangout... Nuevo Dia). The shiners loved it, and we used the opportunity to speak with them. Danielle (one of the volunteers) gave a testimony and I shared at the end of the concert, explaining that if you really want life change, you need for it to come from within... and that happens when Christ invades.

And earlier yesterday I went to read "Prince Caspian" with Ismael. Ismael shines half time now, and works as a baker the other half. I get to go read with him twice a week while he bakes... and actually I've been doing some baking myself.

After reading, Ismael says to me, "Randy, necesito aprender como leer la biblia. Quiero cambiar y no volver a la vida que vivia antes." So now we are set up to meet Tuesday mornings for two hours and talk over Scripture. It's pretty exciting. Actually, my real opinion is that it is supernatural.

And also, Ramiro, Wilfredo and David (Abuelo) are going with us to Cochabamba for a youth leadership training next week. Throw in a great Bible study on the Good Samaritan and a basketball victory earlier this week, and I'd say a lot is going well for me!

However, I miss my family and friends more than ever. Since coming back I've suffered with more homesickness than ever before. I know this is a good thing (makes me know how blessed I am with family and friends when I get homesick), but it is nonetheless difficult. Today is the second Thanksgiving in a row in Bolivia, and I am thankful that next year I plan to be back in Mama's kitchen! May God's presence be rich and deep this Thanksgiving Day!

5 Comments:

  • At November 25, 2006 8:51 AM, Blogger colbycraige said…

    Randy,

    "Mucho Bueno" "Ok mister"

    Well friend, I can indeed relate. My Thanksgiving dinner was rice and beans, the only company I had was U2.

    Know that I am thinking about you and the guys. A huge piece of my heart remains in Bolivia.

    It would be great to talk to you soon. Do you have skype?

    Well friend, know that the father is doing a good work in you and in the mean time he is useing you to change others.

    Peace be with you,
    Colby

     
  • At November 27, 2006 1:55 AM, Blogger Missy said…

    Randy,

    I missed you too this Thanksgiving! I was at a church tonight where David Crowder plays, and he pulled out a great rendition of "I Saw the Light" which made me think of you!

    Hope you are doing well...you are loved and missed!

     
  • At November 28, 2006 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There was two big vacancies at our Thanksgiving table this year, but I'm so cheered to hear that you'll be with us next year. Just isn't the same without you! And it just wouldn't have been right to make your favorite jello salad without you being there! So I didn't.
    xoxo Mom

     
  • At December 02, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger rjr said…

    oh wow, randy. that's so cool that a CTI band is there. i went to namibia, africa, with CTI back in 1998! (this is rebecca romaneski)

     
  • At December 03, 2006 11:32 AM, Blogger colbycraige said…

    Randy,

    I need to talk to you. Could you email me your phone number.

    Peace be with you,
    Colby

     

Post a Comment

<< Home